Tea Tree Oil is one of the most ancient home remedies people have been using for a variety of health and beauty purposes. Originally, the usage of tea tree oil at first started by native aborigines in Australia as a quick remedy for various skin issues like cuts and burns. It has become a popular home remedy nowadays to the people all over the world.
Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and contains lots of healing agents that contribute to cure various beauty and health issues. Here are some of the most efficient ways to use Tea Tree Oil For Hair Growth. Let’s check them out in the following.
Why Should You Use Tea Tree Oil For Hair Growth?
Tea tree oil is truly exquisite for natural hair growth. It takes care of many issues related to hair fall as well. What is most surprising about tea tree oil for hair growth is- it does not cause dryness to the hair, rather contribute to maintaining a healthy scalp. Thus, it reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth naturally.
Before we proceed to the core of our discussion today, let us know if it really does help to grow hair at first.
Can Tea Tree Oil Help to Grow Hair?
If you are looking for a precise answer to the query, we will happily say- YES! Tea tree oil can benefit your hair in a multifarious way. If you still have any doubt about the application of tea tree oil for hair related issues, let us give you a few hints in brief in the following.
First of all, tea tree oil contains a number of natural ingredients including antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-infection agents that provide with certain benefits for various hair related issues. Apart from that, it removes dead cells, nourishes the scalp, unblocks hair follicles, prevents dandruff and hair fall, and promotes the growth of hair naturally.
Considering all these notable factors, we can definitely say “YES” to using tea tree oil for hair growth. Now, let us introduce you to some of the most efficient ways to use tea tree oil for hair related issues. Let’s get started!
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Hair Growth?
You are free to use organic tea tree oil in a number of ways. To be precise, you can use it with shampoo, conditioner, with other essential oils, or even directly on your scalp. However, considering the safety issues, we are going to provide you with some of the most effective ways to use tea tree oil for hair growth.
However, considering the safety issues, we are going to provide you with some of the most effective ways to use tea tree oil for hair growth.
No matter how you use tea tree oil to get rid of hair fall and growing hair naturally, remember to use 100% organic tea tree oil always. And, for your kind information, do not exceed the recommended limit for each of the ingredients mentioned in the tips.
Direct Application of Tea Tree Oil:
If you do not have any sensitive skin issues, you can directly massage tea tree oil on your scalp. Regular usage of tea tree oil within recommend limit can help you preventing various scalp issues like itching, dryness, dandruff, etc. Also, massaging tea tree oil can stimulate your blood flow and promote hair growth naturally.
- Take a few drops of organic tea tree oil on your palm
- Gently massage the oil into your scalp for 8-10 minutes
- Wait for around 10-15 minutes then wash off using shampoo
- You can use tea tree shampoo from a renowned brand for quicker result
- Repeat the process regularly for a week and witness the change
Diluted Tea Tree Oil:
If you have allergy or other skin issues, you might experience mild irritation on the scalp while using tea tree oil directly. In such cases, you can use a diluted form of tea tree oil. There are a number of ways to dilute tea tree oil.
However, most people simply use plain water or carrier oils like coconut oil, almond oil, vegetable oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, etc. You can try any of these carrier oils or water to dilute tea tree oil.
- Take 1 tbsp. of any of these carrier oils in a small cup
- Add 5-7 drops of tea tree oil and mix them well
- Now, massage the mixture gently on your scalp for 8-10 minutes
- Wait for around 10 to 15 minutes
- eanwhile, you can use a hot towel and wrap your head to unblock clogged pores
- Meanwhile, you can use a hot towel and wrap your head to unblock clogged pores
- Now, wash off your hair with regular shampoo
- Repeat the process until you achieve expected result
Tea Tree Oil with Coconut Oil:
Coconut Oil is one of the most useful and widely used oil for hair. Many people out there simply use Coconut Oil for Natural Hair Growth.
For your information, coconut oil also contains some anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat scalp issues and promote dandruff free healthy and shiny hair.
A decent mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil can really be exquisite for treating hair fall and regrow hair naturally.
- Take 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil in a small cup
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil in it
- Mix the ingredients well
- Now, massage the mixture into your scalp for 5 to 7 minutes
- Rest for around an hour and a half
- Now, wash off your hair with tea tree oil-based shampoo and conditioner
- Repeat the process regularly for a week or two
- Hope you will experience improvement within a few days
Tea Tree Oil with Regular Shampoo:
Apart from using carrier oil or water to dilute tea tree oil, you can also mix tea tree oil with regular shampoo.
Such application of tea tree oil can help you get rid of common scalp issues like head lice, itching, oiliness, hair fall, dryness, dandruff, etc.
- Take some regular shampoo in a cup
- Add a few drops of natural tea tree oil with it
- Mix them well
- Apply the mixture on your scalp
- Use a handful of fresh water and massage for a few minutes
- Wait for 8 to 10 minutes and then wash off with fresh water
- Repeat the process daily for a week and experience the change
Tea Tree Oil with Lavender Oil:
Lavender Oil is another essential oil like the coconut oil. It also contains some antibacterial properties that contribute to heal various scalp issues.
You can try a diluted form of tea tree oil with lavender oil to nourish your scalp and condition your rough hair. This particular diluted form of tea tree oil can be great choice to fight scalp psoriasis, itching, and dandruff as well.
- Add equal amount of tea tree oil and lavender oil in a cup
- Mix them well
- Now, wash off your hair with regular shampoo and then pat dry with a fresh towel
- Apply the mixture onto your scalp and massage for around 8 to 10 minutes
- Then wait for another 8 to 10 minutes and wash off with fresh water
- Repeat the process on regular basis for faster result
Tea Tree Oil Based Hair Products:
You will find many hair care products on the market that are based on tea tree oil. To be precise, you can either use tea tree oil shampoo or tea tree oil-based conditioner for this purpose.
- Massage your scalp with any of the products mentioned above for 5 to 7 minutes
- Wait for 8 to 10 minutes and then rinse off with fresh water
- Repeat this regularly for a week or two
Tea Tree Oil Spray:
Like the tea tree oil itself does, tea tree oil spray also contains antibacterial and anti-fungal agents that can help your scalp fighting against itching, dryness, dandruff, etc.
Also, you can use tea tree oil spray to get rid of hair lice faster and maintain a healthy scalp.
- Take an empty spray bottle
- Pour tea tree oil and fresh water on 1:4 ratio into the bottle
- Let the ingredients mix well
- Now, spray onto your scalp and massage gently
- Wait for 8 to 10 minutes
- Wash your hair off using tea tree oil-based shampoo
- Repeat the process regularly until you achieve your desired result
- You can also spray tea tree oil before bedtime and leave overnight, and rinse off next morning for a faster result
Here are some of the most common questions that often peep in people’s mind regarding the use of Tea Tree Oil for Hair Growth.
How Long Can I Leave Tea Tree Oil on The Scalp?
When you are using tea tree oil directly on your scalp, even if you do not have sensitive skin issues, you better wash off within less than an hour. Leaving more than an hour may cause scalp irritation.
However, when you are using a recommended amount of tea tree oil mixing with any of the essential oils like coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, or any other carrier oils, you can leave overnight after application.
Can You Put Tea Tree Oil In My Shampoo?
Answer: Yes, you can surely put recommended amount of tea tree oil in your regular shampoo. Also, you can use hair care products based on tea tree oil like tea tree oil shampoo or conditioners as well.
All you need to ensure is- you are not exceeding the recommended limit and leaving the mixture on the scalp more than an hour.
Avoid direct application of Tea Tree Oil in your scalp if you have sensitive skin issues or allergy. You may experience irritation or redness if there is rash, blister, or cuts in your scalp even when you are using a diluted form of tea tree oil.
Don’t delay to wash off if you experience extreme irritation and consult your doctor immediately.
In the end, we hope you read between the lines and come to know how to use as well as the benefits of using Tea Tree Oil for Hair Growth. Now, it is your turn to get started with any of these tips in no time.
You can also switch between tips to find out which works best for you. And, of course, don’t forget to go for organic tea tree oil as always.
Also, remember to let us know which of the tips you tried and which of them provided you with the best result.