The aloe vera is one of the most popular natural substance for hair treatment. We can either buy aloe vera gel from shop or process it easily from the plant.
This plant looks like a green cactus which contains 75 beneficial nutrients for hair. Those natural nutrients make the hair strong, healthy and dandruff free.
Regular use of aloe vera for hair is highly recommended by maximum beauticians because of it’s potential healing attributes.
Is raw aloe vera good for hair:
Yes, it is!
Even raw aloe vera for hair is a better option than the processed aloe vera gel. Moreover, it is cheaper than the branded aloe vera gel available on the market.
The raw aloe vera doesn’t contain any chemicals. As a natural substance, it doesn’t have any side effects. So, it’s good for those who wants to avoid reactions of harmful chemicals which are mixed by the companies.
Along with raw aloe vera, you can mix wheat germ oil and coconut milk to get a good result.
How to use aloe vera for hair growth:
Aloe Vera is suitable to make different kinds of mixture and heal our scalp and hair. Let’s have a look on those methods:
1. Aloe Vera with Honey:
The mixture of Honey and coconut with Aloe Vera is so helpful to increase the hair growth. It also conditions and moisturizes our hair as well.
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup of Aloe Vera
- 7 drops of lavender oil
- Hand mixer
- A bowl to mix
- Amber glass container
- On the mixing bowl put a half cup of Aloe Vera get, 2 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Mix those ingredients for 6 minutes and make a smooth cream.
- Apply 7 drops of lavender oil and mix for 1 minute.
- Put the mixture on the amber glass container
- Wash and rinse your scalp & hair
- Take 1 tablespoon of mixture and apply on the scalp & hair.
- After 1 hour, wash the head with tepid water. Choose any natural-sulfate shampoo to wash your head instead of conventional shampoo
Once a week
2. Aloe Vera with Caster Oil:
This is one of the best method to boost the hair growth. It is useful to stimulate the hair regrowth. Even it can reduce the hair fall as well. To nourish and condition the hair, it can be a good solution.
- 1 cup raw Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tablespoon of castor oil
- 2 tablespoon fenugreek power
- Shower Cap
- Mixing Bowl
- Take all ingredients on the mixing bowl and whip until it forms a smooth paste.
- Use the paste on the scalp, hair and hair roots.
- After putting mixture, cover the hair by the shower cap.
- Go to sleep and wash it on the morning with a shampoo.
Once or twice a week.
3. Aloe Vera with Egg:
This mixture nourishes your hair and increase the growth rate of hair. It contains fat which conditions the hair effectively.
- 4 tablespoons of raw Aloe Vera
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Egg yolk
- Shower cap
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until having a smooth consistent paste.
- Use the paste on the scalp, hair and hair root.
- After applying the paste, cover the head by a shower cap and wait for about 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse the head by cold water with shampoo.
- To have better result, use conditioner.
Once a week
4. Aloe Vera and onion:
It restrains hair fall and improves hair regrowth. It stimulates hair scalp and dormant follicles properly. To have healthy and lengthy hair it is a good formula.
- Blender machine
- One cup onion juice
- One tablespoon Aloe Vera gel
- Using blender machine, blend 3-4 large onions and extract the juice by cheesecloth.
- Add Aloe Vera gel with the juice and mix properly
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and
- Wait for one hour and wash your head using a natural shampoo.
Once a week
5. Aloe Vera with Lemon:
It is an easy method to apply fresh aloe vera with lemon which is a great natural source of vitamin C. It helps to boost the collagen levels which increases the hair growth.
It is also great for maintaining the healthy scalp with optimum pH levels.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh Aloe Vera
- Mixing bowl
- Keep all the elements on the mixing bowl and make a smooth mixture.
- Massage the mixture for few minutes and hold for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your head by a mild shampoo.
- To have better result you may apply a conditioner.
Once a week
6. Aloe Vera with Coconut Milk:
It is useful to condition the hair and nourish the hair by deep penetration. It contains excellent repository of nutrients to maintain the hair quality.
- Mixing Bowl
- 4 tablespoon raw Aloe Vera gel
- 4 tablespoon Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Make a smooth cream on the mixing bowl by using all elements
- Apply the cream on the hair and scalp
- Wait for about 30 minutes and then wash your head by any natural shampoo
- Apply a conditioner
Once a week
Vitamin E and Aloe Vera:
Through antioxidant, vitamin E neutralizes the free radicles and prevents from hair and scalp damage. It helps to grow the hair faster.
- 1 tablespoon Vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Take all elements on a bowl and make a smooth cream
- Use the cream on your hair and scalp
- Wait for 20 minutes and wash your head by a mild shampoo.
- Use a conditioner.
Once a week.
8. Baking Soda with Aloe Vera:
Baking soda is helpful to clean the hair properly which ensures dandruff free clear scalp.
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Milk
- 4 tablespoons raw Aloe Vera gel
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon of baking soda
- In a bowl combine all elements and make a smooth cream
- Clean your hair by water and apply the cream.
- On the baking soda add 1 tablespoon of water and apply the cream gently.
- Wash the head with cool water.
Once a week
Can You Leave Aloe Vera Gel on Your Hair Overnight :
Yes, why not!
Leaving aloe vera gel for overnight is a good idea to nourish your scalp and hair for the longer period of time.
Aloe Vera for hair can be a proper solution to have moisturized, soft and healthy hair.
Many kinds of healing treatments are possible by various mixtures of Aloe Vera. But we recommend you to use the castor oil with the Aloe Vera as it can nourish for longer.
While sleeping, don’t forget to use shower cap to avoid interception.
How long Do You Leave Aloe Vera in Your Hair :
Actually, different Aloe Vera mixture requires different time to get the result. To know the required time, you can follow the Direction of each mixture.
Aloe Vera for hair is a perfect natural solution for those who wants to avoid side effects. So, if you want to get the maximum result, you can try it for overnight.
To remove confusion, choose your suitable mixture combination and apply the Direction.
Can We Use Aloe Vera for Hair Straightening :
Yes, aloe Vera can be used to straight the hair.
By mixing with different oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil you can use Aloe Vera for hair straightening. After applying the Aloe Vera with oils leave it for one to two hours.
Along with Aloe Vera you may apply mild or sulphate free shampoo to wash your head. In order to have long lasting result, use Aloe Vera at least once a week.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for hair:
- aloe vera strengthens and sheens the hair naturally.
- It can hydrate the dry skin by forming a protective layer on our hair. The layer prevents the harmful elements which can damage our hair.
- Aloe vera contains anti-pruritic properties which protects the skin from itchiness and irritation.
- It decreases the dandruff by its antifungal properties.
- The proteolytic enzyme of aloe vera heals the scalp and awakes dormant hair follicles. This enzyme helps the hair to regrow as well.
- It nourishes hair follicles by providing high volume of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Aloe Vera provides moisturizer to condition our hair and lock nutrients to maintain the hair quality.
- Mixing honey with aloe vera you can prevent acne to grow on the scalp.
- It balances the pH level of your hair so that the hair quality doesn’t fall down.
- It helps your hair to grow faster and reduces hair fall.
- Decreases the hair breakage.
Aloe vera for hair is a great natural medicine which helps our hair to grow faster and reduce hair fall.
It nourishes the hair and the scalp by various kinds of nutrients.
Aloe Vera is not only good for hair treatment but also effective remedy for skin diseases and immune system.
So, in order to have healthy hair & body we should grow this plant on our kitchen garden or balcony