Dry skin is not a comfortable issue for any one who have it or suffering it. It comes with crack or itching on the skin. The majority have this skin problem in the winter time. But sometimes it also happens naturally. Dry skin on legs look like snake skin. It is so horrible and humiliating for those who has it. It can be developed any time at any age.
What is Dry Skin
Dry skin is a very common skin type. It happens mainly lack of proper amount of water in the skin layer. It happens on both male and female skin. Winter time is the main cause of this skin type.
But one thing is for sure that if dry skin is not properly taken care of, then it may cause severe skin disease like eczema, cellulitis etc. luckily dry skin can be treated very easily with care.
What Causes Dry Skin
Dry skin is not only caused by single reason. There are 2 type of causes- outside of skin layer and inside of skin layer.
External causes are –
- winter season
- weather with less humidity.
- Extra uses of chemical soap
- Overuse of alcohol
Internal causes are-
- genetic causes
- medicine side effects.
How to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Legs Overnight
Though dry skin is not a comfortable skin condition but luckily the remedy of healing dry skin is very simple and curable. One has to do it with care. Here, I will talk about natural and artificial remedies for dry skin care.
Artificial Remedy of Dry Skin Care:
Change the Shower Routine:
- Take shower with warm water.
- Take bath in every alternative day.
- Don’t take shower for long.
Use Proper Cream and Oils :
- Apply proper moisturizing cream every now and then.
- Try to give baby oil on the skin. It works well.
Change the lifestyle:
- Use proper cloth during winter season.
- Don’t be in sunlight for long.
- Take proper amount of water.
- Try to take vitamin A, E and omega 3 fatty acid in your food. These will keep your skin healthy.
Natural Remedies for Dry Skin on Legs :
Home or natural remedies are the best treatment for dry skin type legs because it has no side effects and it works very smoothly. Here I will talk about my favourite remedies which are natural.
Olive oil has useful antioxidants and fatty acids which are good for dry leg skin and curly hair too. It relaxes the dry skin very smoothly.
- Mix a large amount of olive oil with the moisturizer cream that you use regular.
- Before taking shower, rub some olive oil on your dry leg skin area and leave it for half an hour. Then after taking bath use moisturizer cream.
- You can use another very effective mixture. In this mixture you have to mix 2tbsp olive oil, 4tbsp brown sugar and 1tbsp honey. Use this mixture before bath and you will see a change after taking bath.
Milk cream has lactic acid which is the best natural moisturizer. This element also helps to maintain ph. level of skin.
- Before bath, if you want to give a smooth change in your dry skin leg then try this mixture. Use some lemon juice, 1 tsp (tablespoon) of milk and 2tsp milk cream and use it on the dry area. After a while wash it and you will feel the smooth feeling in your skin.
- Another good paste is mixing gram flour and milk cream. Apply this paste and wash it after a while with warm water. Your dry skin will feel good.
Milk is good food for dry skin. It has essential elements that helps dry skin to heal sooner. It also helps dead skin on face to go away and bring some good changes in skin.
- This natural moisturizer is very helpful for dry skin. Just use some cold milk, apply it with a cloth then after some time wash it with warm water. this moisturizer is very good for dry skin.
- If you use rose water with milk you will get a good solution. Apply this solution on your dry area. Leave it for a while and wash with light warm water. Your dry area will feel smooth.
Honey is the best natural moisturizers which has antioxidant, humectant and antimicrobial elements. this element helps dry skin to heal into smooth skin. Also honey is fill with lots of minerals and vitamin.
- For smooth skin use honey on the dry area then wash it after some times. You will see the change.
- Use honey, olive oil, and beeswax and apply it on the skin. Then take shower. Your skin will feel good.
Yogurt is great for dry skin. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and all kinds of vitamin which are healer for dry skin.
- Use fresh yogurt and apply it on the dry skin area. After some time, wash it. Your dead skin will go away and your dry area will feel better.
- Another mixture is also best for dry skin leg. You have to add yogurt, papaya, honey and lemon juice. Apply this scrub and wash it after 10 minutes. You will feel the magic.
Coconut oil is good for dry skin. It has fatty acids which helps to recover the less moisture of skin.
- The best thing of coconut oil is you don’t have to mix anything with it. All you have to do is simply apply it and wash it to get soft skin naturally.
- The best result with coconut oil you will get after having bath just apply it on the dry area.
All these simple remedies really work for dry leg skin.
Home Treatments of Dry Skin on Legs
Using Oil :
There are many kinds of oil. The best oils are natural oils which are made from almond, avocado and jojoba. These oils are best skin food specially for dry skin.
You will not believe how sea salt works in dry skin. It is like a miracle. If you mix it with glycerine and apply it you will witness the change in your skin.
Aloe Vera Gel:
The best ever gel for dry skin is aloe vera gel. It has all kind of ingredients to heal a dry skin.
Dry Skin on Legs and Its Effect
Here I will talk about dry skin on legs and its effects. Dry skin on legs looks like snakeskin. The effects are:
- Scalp is often peeling.
- Skin scale has the shape of a polygon.
- Color of the scale becomes white or brown. scales that are brown, or white.
- Skin becomes severely dry.
- Skin gets more thick then normal.
Can I put vaseline on my legs as I have very dry Skin?
Yes, you can use vaseline on the dry skin of your leg.
Due to the lack of moisture, the skin of your leg becomes dry. Vaseline can be very useful and cheap solution to provide moisture on the skin of your leg. Even you can use Vaseline anywhere of your body.
It’s a common problem in the winter season because our skin becomes dry in the cold weather due to the low humidity.
Besides cold weather, dehydration, eating unhealthy foods, indoor heating and taking hot showers are the top reasons of having dry skin.
Generally, the skin of our legs becomes rough and dry which causes discomfort and reduces our confidence. Moreover, Dry skin reduces the beauty through providing a harsh look.
Using vaseline, you can protect your skin from reducing moisture level and make your skin soft, smooth and beautiful.
Skin is very sensitive part of our body. It should be taken care of with care. Dry skin leg is very uncomfortable for those who has it. If you experience dry leg skin, you can easily cure it by bringing changes in lifestyle and using proper moisturizers. If you suffer severe dry skin, go to your doctor.