The skin under our feet experiences the most pressure because we walk on our feet. So the chance of the skin on feet getting cracked is the highest. Besides, there is no oil gland here. The skin of the feet loses its moisture very often and then the problem of dead skin increases. This dryness on feet feels like pricking which is very painful.
How to Get Rid of Dead Skin on Feet ?
There are many reasons for having dead skin on feet. Using harsh bathing soaps, uncomfortable footwear, rough weather, standing for hours without a break, obesity, etc. are considered as the main reason for this problem.
Here are some easy and effective home remedies that can help you
Get rid of dead skin on feet :
01 Glycerine :
Dermatologists suggest that glycerine is one of the most efficient solutions of dead skin on feet. It is mild and works very well.
- Use glycerine directly on feet
- You can add lemon juice to it
- Apply this and wash after some time
02 Warm Water :
Using warm water on feet gives you the best comfort. It relaxes the feet and helps to remove the dead skin quickly.
- Pour lukewarm water into a tub or bucket
- Place the feet there
- Take rest for 10-15 minutes
- Get your feet out and rub with dry towel
03 Paraffin Wax and Coconut Oil :
Paraffin wax is a highly effective solution to get rid of dead skin on feet. Paraffin contains natural oil essential for feet care. It makes the skin soft, smooth and nourishes it.
- Heat paraffin
- Mix 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Make a fine paste
- Apply this all over the feet and wash out after 1 hour
- You can use it before going to bed and leave overnight
- Rinse off using cold water the next morning
04 Water, Shampoo, and Glycerine :
Warm water, glycerine, and mild shampoo mix can help a lot to get rid of dead skin of feet. A mild shampoo is an excellent cleanser and exfoliator. Glycerine moisturizes the skin and makes it softer than ever.
- In a tub pour lukewarm water
- Add two mini packs of mild shampoo
- Add four tablespoons ofglycerine and one lime juice
- Place your feet into it
- Let it be for 15 minutes
- Rub with a dry towel
- Apply moisturizer afterward
05 Epsom Salt :
Epsom salt is a kind of salt that contains particles like magnesium, oxygen, and sulfur. These kinds of stuff help a lot to detoxify. Besides, it increases blood circulation to your feet.
- Add Epsom salt with water
- Place your feet into this solution
- Dry the feet with a dry towel
- Apply moisturizer like glycerin, petroleum jelly, honey afterward
06 Apricot, Sugar, Lemon Scrub :
Apricot is widely used worldwide as a scrub. Sugar and lemon are also very skin friendly and contain kinds of stuff that are anti-bacterial. They help to kill harmful bacteria. It also removes the foul smell from your feet.
- Take some apricots
- Add one tablespoon sugar
- Blend them and mix one lemon juice
- Apply this mixture around your feet
- Rub in a circular motion for 5 minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water
- Apply moisturizer afterward
07 Honey, Yogurt and Sugar Scrub :
Though yogurt is food, we can use it as an excellent exfoliator too. It cleanses the skin and removes dead cells. Sugar contains anti-fungal properties that are useful to get a foul-free foot.
- In a bowl add two tablespoons honey, one teaspoon sugar, and one tablespoon yogurt
- Mix them to make a fine paste
- Apply the paste to your feet carefully
- Let it dry for 5 minutes
- Then scrub with a pumice stone
- Rinse off
- Use deep moisturizer
08 Vinegar Scrub :
Vinegar is very effective in removing dead skins from our feet. It soothes the skin and smoothens it as well.
- Mix 1 tablespoon vinegar with water
- Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes
- Rub with pumice stone to exfoliate the skin
- Wash with water
- Do not forget to apply moisturizer after rubbing your feet
09 Oatmeal, Milk and Rose Water:
Oats are an effective scrub. Milk is the perfect moisturizer. Rose water softens and gives skin a light glow. These three are used as an exfoliator.
- Get two tablespoons oatmeal
- Add two tablespoons milk and one tablespoon rose water
- Mix well
- Apply all over the feet
- Rub gently with a stone or brush
- Wash out
- Apply petroleum jelly
10 Ripe Banana:
Banana is a fruit that can also be used as a beauty product. The ripe banana gives moisture to the skin.
- Blend dome ripped bananas
- Add lemon juice into it
- Apply the mixture around the affected area
- Leave to dry
- Wash by rubbing with brush
- Rinse it off
11 Baking Powder, Rose water, Honey :
Baking powder contributes to removing dead skins from hands, face, and feet. It also nourishes the skin.
- Take one tablespoon baking powder
- Add 2 tablespoons rose water and one teaspoon honey
- Mix to get a thick paste
- Apply and massage gently
- Wash out
- Moisturize your feet
12 Sea Salt and Almond Oil :
Sea salts are the storehouse of calcium, magnesium and other minerals that are used to remove toxins from the body. They nourish the skin and exfoliates dead skins from our feet. Almond oil is a natural essential oil used as a moisturizer and it is very useful after exfoliating.
- Take two tablespoons sea salt
- Mix one tablespoon almond oil with it
- Stir and make a mixture
- Apply it on feet
- Let it rest for 10 minutes
- Rub with pumice stone
- Rinse off
- Apply mild moisturizer
13 Petroleum Jelly:
Petroleum jelly is the most used stuff to get rid of dead skins on foot because it is easy to find. It has a magical power to heal dead skins within a few minutes.
- Buy a packet of petroleum jelly from the local market.
- Apply it all around the feet.
- You can use this product before going to bed and leave for overnight.
- Use it 3-4 times a day for better result.
Bottom Line :
Dead skin on feet is a very common problem all over the world. There is hardly anyone who is out of this problem. People search for easy home remedies for this problem. The remedies stated above are proven to work out and out to reduce dead skins. They make your feet soft and gives comfort. You can try any of these home remedies to get rid of dead skin on feet.