Aloe Vera is a cactus type plant. People have been using Aloe Vera in different forms as an herbal medicine for many years. It is known as the magic plant being a remedy for many diseases; especially, it helps to heal skin disease magically.
Aloe Vera makes the skin soft and protects it from the sun. It is mostly known for its ability to remove acne scars.
What Is So Special About Aloe Vera?
By the time you scrolled down to this particular section of our post, we guess, you already come to know what is so special in Aloe Vera, right?
Well, you will be surprised to know that Aloe has the earliest record (from 16th century BC) of being in use for human as stated in an Egyptian medical record (Ebers Papyrus).
And the most rewarding thing about aloe plant is- it’s regarded as the plant of immortality and has been in use for centuries for various therapeutic purposes especially in Egypt, Greece, China, India, etc.
As mentioned earlier, it has a lot of effective skin-healing properties including saponin, glucomannan, and several other anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties.
Being packed with such healthy healing ingredients, Aloe Vera in any natural form can indeed be very useful for acne as well as acne scars, for sure.
Is Aloe Vera Good for Acne Scars ?
Acne scar is something that nobody ever wants to have. There is hardly anyone who has not experienced it once in a lifetime. So from the ancient period, people have tried to get rid of it. It is scientifically proven that Aloe Vera helps to lighten acne scars.
Aloe Vera works more efficiently in contact with some other healing agents. Aloe Vera contains two antibacterial hormones named polysaccharides and gibberellins which help to protect the skin.
They kill harmful bacteria from the skin. Aloe Vera helps to a great extent to stop the growth of acne from the affected area. Though it does not heal acne or a pimple, it works to fade the acne scars away.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Acne Scars
There are a lot of ways to use Aloe Vera for removing acne scars. Every single form of Aloe Vera is equally advantageous. Now, let us have a look on how to use Aloe Vera for acne scars that will give you the better result :
Aloe Vera Juice Pack:
When Aloe Vera juice gets mixed with wheat flour, chickpea flour, or corn flour, it absorbs excess oil from skin and removes dead cells. It fades away acne scars and improves skin tone.
- Wash face with fresh water.
- Mix a spoon full of flour along with thick paste of Aloe Vera.
- Add a half teaspoon of turmeric powder with the mixture. It helps to lighten the skin color.
- Apply the pack gently all over the face and let it dry.
- Gently rub with fingers to remove the pack.
- Wash the face again with cold water.
Aloe Vera Drink :
Drinking Aloe Vera juice improves skin from the inside. It flushes out toxins from the body as well as moistens the skin and gives it glow.
- Get yourself ready to drink Aloe Vera juice.
- Drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- You can add fresh ginger or lemon grass to it.
- You can also add non-acidic fruit juice with it for a better taste.
Aloe Vera in Gel Form :
Like Aloe Vera pack and drink, Aloe Vera gel also works magically. Regular use of the gel can reduce dark spots, acne scars and kills bacteria.
- Break Aloe Vera stems from Aloe plant.
- Extract the gel from Aloe leaves.
- Apply the Aloe Vera gel gently on face.
- Leave it to dry.
- Wash the face with cold water.
- Apply Aloe Vera moisturizer for a better result.
Aloe Vera with Lemon Juice and Organic Honey :
This pack is one of the most useful and widely used packs. Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent and honey is skin’s best friend. Both of them are very useful for skin and contribute mostly to lighten acne scars quickly.
- Take a teaspoon of lemon, honey and Aloe Vera gel.
- Mix it very well.
- Apply the mixture on the skin.
- Let it rest for five minutes.
- Scrub it on the scars.
- Wash your face with cold water.
Aloe Vera and Turmeric :
We all know that organic Turmeric is a natural antiseptic. It repairs the skin and acts as the scrubber.
- Add one tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and a pinch of organic turmeric powder.
- Mix it well.
- Apply the mixture on acne scars.
- Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Gently massage with fingertips and wash it.
Aloe Vera Decoction :
This liquid is a natural toner. It is very easy to make and use.
- Boil fresh Aloe Vera leaves for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the liquid to rest and cool.
- Strain the solution.
- Keep it in a clean glass bottle.
- Apply this magic solution with a cotton ball on the affected area and leave overnight.
- Wash with cold water in the morning.
Aloe Vera with Egg :
Egg makes the skin smooth and soft. Aloe Vera and egg mixture is also an excellent solution for acne scars.
- Whip one egg white.
- Add 2 table spoons of Aloe pulp and one teaspoon lemon juice.
- Mix it.
- Apply this mask on face.
- Let it dry.
- Wash with cold water.
- Repeat the process daily.
Aloe Vera with Sugar and Milk :
Milk is a natural moisturizer and cleanser. It brightens the skin. Sugar works as a light scrubber. A solid mixture of Aloe Vera, milk and sugar is very useful for skin.
- Mix one tablespoon milk and one tablespoon sugar. Let is dissolve.
- Add two tablespoon fresh Aloe gel.
- Mix it well.
- Apply on your face and let it get dry completely.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera with Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil contains some essential antibacterial properties. It helps to kill the bacteria that causes a pimple and acne.
- Take 1 table spoon thick Aloe Vera gel.
- Add few drops of tea tree oil into it.
- Mix and apply to skin.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash with water.
Aloe Vera with Almond Oil / Almond Powder :
Almond oil has been using for ages for its moisturizing properties. It soothes skin naturally.
- Take a clean bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of fresh Aloe gel.
- Pour one tablespoon Almond oil or Almond powder.
- Mix the two ingredients.
- Apply on the affected area.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera is very useful acne marks. It works in every form. It soothes the skin and moistens it. Aloe kills the harmful bacteria from the skin and gives it a natural glow.
Does Aloe Vera Help In Acne Scars ?
Aloe Vera is very skin friendly and contains things that contribute to fade away acne scars. It is useful for almost all types of skin. Acne scars are very sensitive and disturbing. It needs proper care to remove it permanently. Aloe Vera can help greatly in this regard.
Aloe Vera also contains Vitamin E which is very necessary for skin treatment. Aloe nourishes the skin. Aloe Vera also helps to remove sunburn, suntan, rashes and gentle wound. It works in agreement with the response of one’s skin, and that is why it is called the friend of skin.
Side Effects and Precautions :
- Drinking Aloe Vera without proper processing is somewhat harmful and contain health risks.
- Aloe Vera may cause an allergic reaction if you have any allergic issue.
- Be aware of using Aloe Vera during pregnancy and breastfeeding or consult your doctor before taking Aloe Vera.
- Consuming Aloe Vera juice for a long time may increase the risk of colorectal cancer.
- It may weaken muscles and increase heartbeats if taken a lot.
- People who are the patients of diabetes and hypoglycemia should consult a doctor before taking Aloe Vera solution.
What Do We Recommend?
First of all, there is no alternative to natural organic aloe vera for acne scars if you are expecting a faster result effortlessly.
However, if you cannot manage, you can definitely try aloe vera based products from reputed companies that are available in the market.
It’s true that they will not be as efficient as the organic one yet they can be an option to go when you have no way out!
Bottom Line :
Aloe Vera soothes the skin, gives it glow and nourishment. Aloe is a popular herbal medicine from the ancient periods because it carries antibacterial and antifungal agents. So, you can use aloe vera for acne scars and curly hair growth..
Last but not the least, Aloe Vera is out and out a useful solution for acne scars and some other skin issues as well. You just need to use this magical remedy properly maintaining the directions presented above.